I don’t really think I have a way with words when it comes to talking to people, especially when I play the ‘honest card’. I use to tell people like it was… not taking their feelings into consideration. I was blunt, real blunt. However, since Christ has changed my heart… I speak in love. Trust me, there are times I feel like saying more, but I don’t. I’m learning to not overstep my boundaries I guess you could say.
Sometimes I get in the ‘heat of the moment’ and just blurt it all out even if I think I’ve thought about it for ‘long enough’. What is long enough? Some people say it’s a few hours, others say it’s a day. Hm… but what about when I’m right? And I have a good point to make? Not that I’m nit-picking, but what if this person is doing something they shouldn’t? What if this person is a brother or sister in Christ? Why are we so scared to LOVINGLY tell people what they are doing is wrong? Holding each other accountable just seems so non-existent. I WISH someone told me like it was. If I am being a hypocrite in my faith, then tell me. I ask God to do it all the time, maybe He can use you to get the message across… ahem.
It’s so easy to get offended when you try to talk to someone and they completely blow you off or treat you differently after you’ve talked to them about something serious. I think this especially goes for teenagers. If you want to make them mad, give them sound advice. Give them Biblical advice. When you’re a teenager you want to do things your way and feel right about it. You hate discipline. Admit it. Maybe that’s why some people don’t take God seriously until they get older. Until they’re ready to face their convictions.
I’ll be 23-years-old in July and even though I’m still considerably young, God has poured so much wisdom into me. I don’t care about certain things like I use to. It’s less about me and more about Him. I don’t care as much about what people think of me anymore and trust me… I’ve had a lot of people not like me. It doesn’t make a difference to me though because I’ve had more people like me than hate me. Joyce Meyer says that 90% of people will like us and the other 10% won’t. When you compare the two, which one is greater? That’s the one that matters the most. Everyone is a critic.
God made me the way I am for a reason, so if I’m honest… that’s okay. I embrace the fact that I am confident in who I am, in who He is, and the choices I make. I don’t need to hide behind any lies. If you don’t like me for it, well, don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you! Haha :].
I really need to go to bed… 1:38AM. Never clean late at night, it makes you write crazy blogs like this one LOL.